There are approximately 1.95 billion websites on the Internet. This means that there are 1.95 billion businesses online that want the same thing as you: the attention of their customers.
The competition may not be direct, but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. Ultimately, the more time they spend watching movies on Netflix, the more they don’t shop on Amazon, interact with people on Instagram or Facebook, or interact with your brand.
Perfect your online presence
To be their first choice, or top the list for a specific industry or category, maintaining a consistent and engaging online presence for your business is essential. But occupying premium space in the minds of your target audience doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult.
The key to making your online presence more effective is to be human. This makes your brand identifiable, giving your target audience a chance to connect with your brand.
On top of that, let’s explore other effective ways to boost your online presence in 2021.
6 Ways to Boost Your Business’ Online Presence
1. Optimize the user experience of the website
Your website is the first impression of your business. And to make the right first impression, you’ll need to create an intuitive and rewarding experience for your visitors.
Start by removing unnecessary steps and elements that create friction in their overall experience. The simpler your website, the better the customer experience.
If you are still in the web design and development phase, here is a great web design cost estimator to help you create a proper budget.
Second, there is nothing more boring and off-putting than a static website. So try adding interactive elements like videos, slides, quizzes, games, etc. But also make sure that they are fun, add value to their experience, and create unnecessary friction for them. Such elements should complement the main objective of your website and should not distract your customers from the main objective.
Finally, invest in tools that can help you create personalized experiences for your visitors. Netflix and Spotify are the kings of a personalized experience as they recommend movies and songs, playlists to their viewers and listeners based on their past choices. It’s a great way to make your customers feel special and heard.
Other simple and effective ways to optimize the user experience of your website:
- Provide easy-to-access customer support
- Optimize CTAs based on past data
- Implement responsive web design
- Keep the forms short and simple
2. Get the most out of Google My Business
Google My Business (GMB) is a free tool offered by Google to help business owners manage their branded online presence. Optimizing your Google My Business listing can increase your local rankings, improve search engine engagement, and convert more customers.
The first step is to claim your business on GMB and add the basic information like name, address, working hours, website link, phone numbers, email address etc. .
Once you are done with the basics, work through the following sections:
- Questions and answers – you can add them based on questions and comments from previous customers
- Product and service lists
- Posts – based on your industry, specific category and target keywords
- Reviews – ask your loyal customers to leave a review on their experience with your brand
One of the main sections of GMB is the Business section which is a brief description of your offerings. Make sure the description is appealing, user-friendly, and contains the target keywords. Also, keep the content simple and concise.
Finally, keep adding quality photos of your product or office space to increase customer engagement.
3. Data protection
The more protection you offer, the more your customers trust.
Data breaches, thefts and hacks happen quite frequently these days. As a result, companies need to be careful and prioritize their efforts to protect their customers’ data.
Here are some ways to protect your customers’ data:
- Endpoint, email and network protection to filter files containing spam and malware
- Organize company-wide cybersecurity training sessions
- Secure the web gateway
- Have a data protection policy in force
- Add encryption on servers to protect sensitive data
4. Create useful and engaging content
When we talk about content, we mean content in all its forms: blogs, infographics, videos, podcasts, eBooks, white papers, case studies, and more.
Creating value-added and engaging content goes a long way in building good relationships with your customers. However, the key to successfully utilizing the true potential of content is to be consistent with it. And the key to being consistent is having a content plan in place. But make sure your content plan aligns with your main business goals.
Here are some ways to create original, engaging and value-added content for your customers:
- Tell a story, but make sure it has some useful material in it as they will spend 10-12 minutes of their lives reading your content, so make it worth it.
- Invest in creating permanent content, then reuse it in graphics, Twitter threads, Instagram stories.
- Empower your social media followers to create branded content for you by giving them resources like memes templates, reels, giveaways and use user generated content to build trust in your audience.
5. Engage in real time on social media
To engage with your followers on social media platforms, talk about what you know: your industry. Don’t just talk about your products / services; share your knowledge and expertise with your audience. For example, if you have a chain of gyms, you can share your knowledge about nutrition, discipline, exercises, training, etc.
When you share your expertise, you give your audience a solid reason to trust you. And to top it off, you can showcase some of your best work through case studies, before / after articles, testimonials, and more.
Once you have formed a small group of loyal followers, you can organize giveaways, making it easier for your loyal followers / promoters to promote your brand. You can also organize question-and-answer sessions to answer FAQs and questions in real time about the products or your area of expertise.
Another great way to engage with your target audience is to share / repost business content with similar target audiences. Following the same example, a gym owner may repost content from dieticians, nutritionists, personal trainers, bodybuilders, etc. When you repost their content, they’ll mention your business, which means their audience will step in with your account.
6. Spend wisely on advertising
There’s no getting around paid advertising anymore. After all the efforts to improve user experience, social media engagement, and content marketing, you will still need to invest in paid advertising to reach your target audience with the right message, at the right time, with the right. call to action for better conversions.
Quick tips for getting started with paid advertising:
- Create a paid advertising checklist
- Have a list of correctly analyzed advertising keywords for campaigns
- Test, analyze, optimize and repeat for the best results
Quick tips for getting started with paid social media advertising:
- Experiment with different forms of content, timelines, and audience
- Adjust your copies, calendars and budget
- Always access social media analytics for new campaign ideas and to analyze the type of content that’s right for your business
Pro tip: Always have a predefined budget before launching a paid campaign, which should be based on what you are willing to pay to acquire leads / customers.
Finally, stay in touch
After doing all of this hard work, you don’t want your customers to visit / buy you just once. So make sure you have an after sales communication plan in place to keep them engaged with your business. This can be through email newsletters, app notifications (if you have an app), social media campaigns, offline ads, feedback loop, etc.
Image Credit: anna tarazevich; pexels; Thank you!