- Season Five kicks off with new multiplayer, zombies, and warzone content, including the new Double Agent mode, an investigative multiplayer experience full of sabotage and deception.
- Intensify your fight against the undead horde with new Zombies content like the new Death Perception Perk-a-Cola, the Tesla Storm Field Upgrade and the Flamethrower.
- Warzone gets its first exclusive perks: Combat Scout and Tempered. Plus, take part in 50v50 battles in Clash and get out of the new Rush Gulag.
With the Jumpseat satellites having been successfully decommissioned, the Warsaw Pact is free to implement its plan – a mind-altering broadcast of the Numbers program. Chaos sets in as once friendly operators begin to turn on each other. To make matters worse, there is a spy among us.
Hope you are ready. Season five of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and War zone is available now for Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S. Read on for the full briefing.
New multiplayer mode: dual agent
Season Five introduces Double Agent, an all-new investigative multiplayer experience. In matches, several players are assigned as double agents who must sabotage the mission. Unmask the traitors before they eliminate the investigative team.
It starts with up to 10 operators who are assigned one of the following three roles:
- Double agents: Eliminate everyone or successfully unleash explosive charges on the map.
- The inspector : Use clues to target suspected double agents as wanted.
- The operators: Work together to take down the Double Agents before it’s too late.
Operators will be assigned their roles and will be able to choose to use a variety of weapons and skills to carry out their orders, including powerful items like gas mines, anti-spyware, and the combat bow.
Released later in season five, the fan-favorite demolition multiplayer mode is making its debut. Black Ops Cold War start. The attacking team must detonate a pair of bomb sites while the defending team must do everything possible to run out of time before this happens. In demolition, respawns are active. Prepare for chaos.
Four new weapons
Dominate your enemies with four new weapons from Season 5:
- EM2 Assault Rifle (Launch Week) – A fully automatic assault rifle with a built-in low optical zoom. Get it at level 15 of the Season 5 Battle Pass.
- TEC 9 SMG (Launch week) – A semi-automatic SMG with improved accuracy at long range, low recoil and a slower rate of fire. Unlock it at level 31 of the Season 5 Battle Pass.
Unlock two more weapons – the Cane melee weapon and the Marshal pistol – by completing in-game challenges or purchasing their corresponding bundles in the store when they arrive later in the season.
Five additional multiplayer maps
- Echelon (6v6, launch week): Located in Teufelsberg – Devil’s Mountain – in West Germany, this all-new map shows operators battling through rain and ash in the wake of Perseus’ latest operation.
- Slums (6v6, Launch week): First introduced in Black Ops II, Slums features a classic three-way layout located in the heart of Panama City. Battle in the alleys and around the central fountain.
- Showroom (2v2 / 3v3, launch week): Shop around retail displays and kiosks in this small sized card designed for Gunfight and Face Off. To be featured in an upcoming Gunfight tournament.
- Drive-In (6v6, in season): A cult classic of the original Covert operations, Drive-In returns in time for its 10th anniversary as part of the 2011 Annihilation Map Pack. Set in an abandoned Midwestern drive-in, this map features hot spots for each weapon type.
- Zoo (6v6, in season): Another Covert operations Classic, Zoo takes operators through bear pits and aquariums, including a monorail providing a great perspective on the action below.
New Scoring Streak: Flamethrower
Ignite the opposition with the Flamethrower, a new low-cost Scorestreak that shoots a constant drop of flame, immolating enemies within range. Use it to boost your score towards more expensive Scorestreaks, as long as you control its deadly blaze.
New Zombies Perk, Field Upgrade, and Support Weapon
Shoot the new Death Perk Perk-a-Cola to see obscured enemies more clearly by giving them a clear outline. Spend Aetherium Crystals to further boost her abilities, up to skill level V.
Equip the new Tesla Storm Field Upgrade to summon lightning bolts between you and your allies, stunning and damaging enemies caught in its path. Improve the ability to stun stronger enemies and increase your team’s movement speed.
Use the new Undead Flamethrower as an additional support weapon to aid your team in a sticky situation or whenever a little extra firepower is needed most while attempting to exfil.
New epidemic region: guaranteed
The black ether continues to spread, with the appearance of a new epidemic zone in the Algerian desert. Fight the living dead around the area’s natural rock structures, a desorbed satellite, and oil drilling in this massive new area.
New epidemic objective, vehicle and equipment
Season five features a new Outbreak objective called Transport. In this vehicle-driven task, players have to keep a controllable Requiem machine in one piece while under constant attack.
Have you spotted an Orda on the horizon? Jump into the new Tank vehicle, featuring a powerful cannon and mounted turret to take on even the toughest zombies.
Craft the new Grapple Gun for faster travel throughout the Outbreak Zone, and expect even more Zombies content in Season Five, including the new “Ikari EggXit” bonus map in Dead Ops Arcade 3 and more. additional story of Dark Aether Intel through Outbreak.
New Warzone Perks, Points of Interest, Gulag and more
New Perks: Battle Scout and Tempered
For the very first time, War zone receives two exclusive perks, each with their own perks that can dramatically change the way you choose your loads.
With Combat Scout, operators receive a burst of information on the ground, as damaging an enemy briefly highlights them in bright orange and automatically pings them. Boost your armor using Tempered, improving its damage resistance at the cost of two armor plate transport slots.
New POIs: mobile broadcast stations
Perseus’ allies have deployed a network of mobile broadcast stations throughout Verdansk. These locations change from match to match, so keep your eyes peeled and head out when you see one for a chance to get more info and earn new rewards.
New Gulag: Rush
Comprised of the main paintball arena, the Rush Gulag should feel right at home for players who have dived into it. Black Ops Cod War Multiplayer map introduced in Season Four Reloaded. Practice now before Rush arrives in the Gulag.
New mode and event
Prepare for 50v50 combat as Clash arrives War zone. A spiritual successor to War zone Rumble, Clash offers teams unlimited respawns in a 200-point deathmatch. Beware of contracts and public events that can turn the tide of battle.
Later in season five, expect the next stage in the evolution of the Mysterious Red Gates. Beware, as their increased volatility has resulted in traders being sent to new locations.
New Battle Pass, Operators and more
Season Five brings all of this and more with a new Battle Pass, three new playable Operators – Kitsune, Stryker, and Hudson – new Prestige Levels, new Multiplayer and Zombie Season Challenges, and more. And for the new season five, players can unlock an additional Exclusive Kitsune Operator Skin by purchasing the Battle Pass Pack at the start of the season.
Haven’t joined the fight yet? To have Black Ops Cold War on the Xbox Store today and play Season Five today!