Celebrating Xbox in July – Xbox Wire
We’re continuing Xbox’s 20th anniversary celebration in July with an epic Xbox FanFest Halo 3 virtual tournament, a new toolkit for Xbox fans, double points in Xbox Game Pass quests, and more!
FanFest Halo 3 Tournament
Grab a friend and enter the smash.gg leaderboard for non-stop open 2v2 matchmaking against teams of all skill levels. Play for a chance to win a share of the $ 25,000 in prizes and show off your skills to the world in our weekly qualifiers and series finals broadcasts. Play on Xbox Series X, our most powerful and fastest console ever, Xbox Series S, delivering next-gen performance in our smallest console, Xbox One, or PC.
This tournament is open to all Xbox FanFest fans in North America (United States, Canada and Mexico). To participate, log in or register at Xbox.com/FanFest and register on the Xbox FanFest Exclusives page (Note: only North American residents will see this exclusive). After registering, you will receive an email with a registration code to complete tournament registration at smash.gg/XboxFanFest.
We invite everyone to watch. The weekly qualifiers will air on Sundays (7/11, 7/18, 7/25) at 11 a.m. PT, and don’t miss the series finale on Saturday, July 31.at 11 a.m. PT. Log in and follow the channel on twitch.tv/Xbox.
- 2 days of matchmaking scales open every Friday and Saturday for points.
- Weekly qualifiers every Sunday in double elimination with the 8 best teams from Friday and Saturday each.
- Series final on July 31 in a double elimination bracket featuring the top 16 teams of the month.
- Each day will feature a different set of maps and game types that players must download to participate. (See smash.gg/XboxFanFest under “Types of Games” for more information.)
- An in-game playlist will also launch on July 7 for players to practice.
Ladder Matches: Fridays and Saturdays (7/9, 7/10, 7/16, 7/17, 7/23, 7/24)
- Ladder opens: 2 p.m. PT / 5 p.m. ET
- Ladder closes: 7 p.m. PT / 10 p.m. ET
Weekly qualifiers: Sundays (7/11, 7/18, 7/25)
- Weekly Final Bracketing: 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET
Series Final (7/31)
- Final Series Bracketing: 11 a.m. PT / 2 p.m. ET
How to qualify
- Open to Xbox FanFest fans in North America.
- Players compete for the Top 8 at the end of each day in terms of points.
- See the smash.gg/XboxFanFest page for more details on the point system.
- The best 8 teams of each day (16 teams in total) advance to qualifying on Sunday.
- Week 1: The top 4 teams at the end of the tranche advance to the series finals.
- Week 2: The best 4 teams at the end of the bracket qualify for the series final.
- Week 3: The best 8 teams at the end of the bracket qualify for the series final.
The series finale
- The top 16 teams that qualified for the weekly qualifiers compete in a double-elimination group.
We plan to host more regional FanFest tournaments in the future. Whether or not you participate in this tournament, we encourage all Xbox fans to register for Xbox FanFest at Xbox.com/FanFest to be the first to hear about new exclusives on offer.
# Xbox20: Show your Xbox enthusiasm
We love hearing about your favorite Xbox memories – keep posting them using # Xbox20 on your favorite social media platforms, and we can showcase them on our Xbox social channels. Now you can also customize your social media profile to showcase your Xbox enthusiasm with the Xbox 20 Year Toolkit.
Earn 2x points in Game Pass quests this month
Starting July 6, Xbox Game Pass members can earn 2x points for completing quests built around certain games celebrating 20 years of Xbox. Find quests on your Xbox console or the Xbox Game Pass mobile app. You can also read more about Xbox Game Pass quests here.
Take a journey through Xbox history with Samsung
Samsung TVs will also be joining the celebration this month. As the official TV partner of Xbox Series X in the US and Canada, Samsung offers a wide range of innovative TVs that unleash the performance of next-gen gaming, including the all-new Samsung Neo QLED. Now you can browse Xbox History right on your Frame TV. Samsung and Xbox are collaborating on an “Xbox Through the Years” collection of iconic game artwork that will be available exclusively for The Frame, a TV with 100% color volume that transforms into a magnificent work of art when it’s off. Of Halo at BioShock at The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Frame owners will be able to find these stunning 4K images showcasing their favorite game titles in the Frame Art Store at no additional cost. More to come on this exciting program later in July!
There is more fun in store as we continue towards the anniversary date of November 15th. Continue to keep an eye on Xbox Wire or xbox.com/20years for the latest updates.