Hello from Maine where a steady drizzle offers some respite from the drought conditions we have been experiencing for a few weeks. Glad to have the rain although it makes cycling a little less fun than on a sunny day. Speaking of biking, this week was the first week I really felt like I was on summer vacation. I recorded a few good bikes this week. Hope you are also enjoying a nice summer break.
This week I haven’t hosted any new webinars, but posted a handful of new videos to my YouTube channel. I also spent time polishing the material for the next July session of the Practical Ed Tech virtual summer camp. There is still time to register for the July and August sessions.
Here are my most popular posts of the week:
1.15 updates coming to Google Workspace for Education
2. How to create interactive checklists in Google Docs
3. How to password protect an Edublogs blog
4. Create your own chatbot for polls and quizzes
5. What Strava taught me about using digital badges at school
6. Two new presentation creation options in Canva
7. How to Create Your Own Online Board Game
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening / Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the most popular articles of the week from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has over 36,000 subscribers who watch my short tutorial videos on a wide range of educational technology tools.
- I tweeted as @rmbyrne for fourteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you’re curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.
This post originally appeared on FreeTech4Teachers.com. If you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission. Sites that steal my work (from Richard Byrne) include CloudComputin and WayBetterSite. Featured image captured by Richard Byrne.