You can now build your very own Maypole in Valheim
There’s a new Valheim patch today that brings two big changes to the game, in a sort of “good news, bad news” package. First up, the good news: May masts, which previously could only be found in Abandoned Villages in the Meadows biome, can now be crafted.
This is a great boon for players as the Maypoles provide additional comfort when resting within reach. Comfort impacts the “Rested Effect,” which increases XP gains and health and stamina regeneration rates. The more comfortable you are, the longer you will benefit from the “rested” boost.
Just in time for midsummer, players can now build their own #Valheim Maypole! pic.twitter.com/3ZgcODkrtBJune 23, 2021
The bad news, frankly speaking, is that you are now more likely to get your ass kicked and your belongings destroyed. The patch makes changes to the AI of monsters to make them more likely to attack structures when they can’t get their hands on you (“among other things”, which sounds worrying), and bosses won’t run away from you. more. Gray dwarves are also better at casting now.
Reaction to the patch on Steam is somewhat mixed. Several users say that Gray Dwarves are irritating enough already and making them more irritating will only increase the annoyance factor rather than improve the game significantly. There are also complaints about the pace of “big” updates: Developer Iron Gate postponed its update roadmap earlier this month, and the first of four updates that were slated for this year is not expected to arrive until late summer.
Maypole in Valheim
Valheim patch 0.155.7 is live now. The full patch notes are below.
- Fixed random save bug (Resolves a very unusual case of global corruption caused when shutting down)
- Monster AI adjustments (more aggressive attack structures when unable to attack the player, among others)
- Open Container Patch (Resolves issue where you had to click a container multiple times to open in multiplayer)
- I taught the Greydwarfs how to throw better
- Event trigger adjustments (Wolf event only triggers after Bonemass dies, Moder army can trigger in mountains, etc.)
- Long forgotten blob event activated
- Fixed SFX volume setting (incorrect database conversion used)
- Maypole activated (Happy summer!)
- Adjustments to AI escape behavior (bosses no longer run away from you)
Please feel free to contact us for more detail about us, visiting our Contact page.