New Pokémon Snap’s First Major Update Is Now Live, Here Are The Full Patch Notes
The first major update for New Pokémon Snap is now officially live on Nintendo Switch. As mentioned before, it adds 20 more pocket monsters and three new courses. There will also be improvements in the quality of life. Here are the full patch notes, courtesy of the official Nintendo website:
Worm. 2.0.0 (Released Aug 3, 2021)
- 3 new areas have been added: Secret Side Path, Mightywide River and Barren Badlands.
- These new areas also contain 20 new Pokémon.
- Additional search titles, profile icons, photo filters, stickers, and frames have been added.
- The search options for photos of other players have changed.
- Other issues have also been addressed to improve the gaming experience.
Here are more details about the new content you can enjoy:
Secret side path – The NEO-ONE shrinks as you explore this secret side path in Florio Island Nature Park, so the Pokemon you see here looks gigantic.
Mighty River – A large nurturing river flows through a rugged valley on the island of Belusylva, providing sustenance for the entire island. You’ll be researching down the river, so be on the lookout for rapids.
Arid badlands – In this area you will explore the badlands of the island of Voluca, where the dry winds of the desert blow. This area has many special features, from geysers to poisonous gas-spitting swamps.
Have you already downloaded this update? Notice anything else? Leave a comment below.