Top RPG News Of The Week: August 15th (Diablo 2, Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous, Tales of Arise and More!)
HAppy weekend of Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up with the latest games we cover, or you’re looking for a refresher, we’ve got you covered! Here is a miniature version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news on the Fextralife Wiki network.
Watch the video above and read on for the text!
The future games fair
- The Future Games Show will take place on Thursday, August 26 at 1:00 p.m. PDT. The digital gaming event will feature over 40 games, hosted by Maggie Robertson who is the voice actor for Lady Dimitrescu of Resident Evil Village and Aaron LaPlante who plays The Duke.
- You can expect over 40 games from a number of developers including Frontier Developments, Team17, Koch Media, and Tripwire Interactive.
- The Future Games Show will feature a number of gameplay clips, showcase developer walkthroughs, and feature world premieres according to the official announcement. This year there will be a Virtual Show Floor exhibit featuring games that will be accessible through Steam, with demos available after the event.
To find out more about this news, find it here on the Future Games Show which will present more than 40 games at Gamescom 2021.
Xbox Live Stream
- This year’s Microsoft livestream at Gamescom 2021 kicks off the day before 24 august at 10:00 a.m. PDT, 1:00 p.m. EDT, 6:00 p.m. BST or 7:00 p.m. CEST on Youtube, Twitch, Facebook Gaming and Twitter.
- The event will have the “greatest lineup of exclusive games ever,” according to Microsoft, with “in-depth updates” on previously announced titles and updates on Xbox Game Pass.
- This year will feature Bethesda Germany, which will host multi-day live streaming programs, starting August 26, which can be found on Bethesda’s main stream on Twitch.
For more on this news, find it here in Microsoft announces the Xbox live stream of Gamescom 2021.
Pathfinder the wrath of the righteous
- Developer Owlcat Games and publisher META have revealed the release date for console versions of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, which will be released on March 1, 2022. The next CRPG is set to debut on PC in September, with console versions for Playstation 4 and Xbox One coming out next year.
- To celebrate the announcement, a new trailer was unveiled during Microsoft’s Twitchgaming Showcase: ID @ Xbox, which revealed the main villain as well as the companion cast who will help them on their journey. There were also new details about new characters, game mechanics, and mythical transformations.
- By taking either of these paths, Mythic Transformations can allow characters to rise through the ranks, learn new mythic skills and abilities, as well as affect the world around them, such as Drezen, the largest fortress in the world. Game.
- Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous will be released on PC on September 2, 2021, and on Playstation 4 and Xbox One consoles on March 1, 2022.
To learn more about this news, find it here in Pathfinder Wrath Of The Righteous Console Confirmed for March 1, 2022.
Risen Diablo II
- Blizzard has finally revealed the dates for the open beta for Diablo 2: Resurrected on the official Blizzard website. Those who pre ordered the game has early access from August 13. This will be followed by a Open public beta weekend from 20 August. Those who pre-order Diablo 2: Resurrected or Diablo Prime Evil Collection will be able to play the first beta.
- Both weekends will be open to all consoles except Switch, which means you can play on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X versions. cross can also be tested during this beta.
- If you want the details on the beta, check out our Diablo 2 Resurrected Beta – Everything We Know About Early Access Beta and Open Beta.
For more on this news, find it here in Diablo 2: Resurrected Early Access begins August 13 for pre-orders; Open Beta begins August 20.
Tales of the Ascension
- A free demo will be released for the next JRPG Tales of the Ascension who will release the August 18 for Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S platforms. The demo is released ahead of Tales of Arise launch on September 10. No news on the PC demo version yet.
- Tales of Arise is the 17th entry in the main series, an Action-RPG following protagonists Alphen and Shionne. With their group, they will explore the world of Dahna by scaling rocky terrain, swimming in rivers, gathering near the campfire to cook and fight a number of enemies.
- You can also check out our Tales Of Arise Gameplay Impressions: Hands-On which explores the demo, examines difficulty, exploration, boost hits and more.
- Tales of the Ascension releases September 10 for PC, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X | S.
For more on this news, find it here in Tales Of Arise getting a Playstation and Xbox demo next week.
To the east
- Publisher Chucklefish and developer Pixpil have announced that the 2D pixel adventure RPG Eastward will launch on September 16 exclusively on the Nintendo Switch time console, as well as on PC.
- After spending around two years in development, the title is finally launched. It is inspired by Japanese role playing games, but combines the influence of Asian architecture and culture, from places such as Hong Kong, South Korea, Shanghai and India. Other inspirations include Zelda, Earthbound, and Studio Ghibli.
- Eastward’s story follows a miner and a mysteriously powerful girl who embarks on a cross-country adventure on a train journey to a now toxic land. The action gameplay involves switching weapons to challenge your enemies and switching characters to beat environmental puzzles. Players can explore, find items, and also cook. Chucklefish estimates it will take players around 30 hours to complete the game.
For more on it, find it here in Eastward launches next month as a Nintendo Switch Timed Console Exclusive.
Elder Scrolls Online
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Waking Flame will arrive in late August, with a number of graphics improvements for Xbox Series X | S and Playstation 5 players.
- These improvements include the addition of enabling dynamic resolution scaling for performance mode on next-gen consoles. For the X and PS5 series, the dynamic resolution will range between 1080p and 2160p (4K), while on the S series, it will range between 1080p and 1440p. This means that X Series gamers can expect to run at or near 4K at 60 fps in performance in most situations.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: The Awakened Flame The DLC will be released for PC and Stadia on August 23. For those on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5 on August 31st.
For more on this news, find it here in Elder Scrolls Online Console Enhanced Edition New details announced.
- Developer Frima Studio and publisher Kalypso Media have announced that the turn-based RPG Disciples: Liberation will be released on 21st of October for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam, Epic Games Store, and Kalypso Store.
- The title is a fantasy world-based turn-based combat RPG where players will take on hundreds of unique quests and engage with an assortment of factions around the world. Players can build an army and trade resources to improve their home base.
- The game promises over eighty hours of single-player campaign experience, a war-torn fantasy world to explore, the ability to weave your own story, build a base, challenge deadly bosses and more.
For more on this news, find it here in Disciples: Release Announced for Launch on October 21.
King Arthur: Knight’s Tale
- Neocore Games has published a new article on the summer patch for King Arthur: Knight’s Tale on what to expect. In the last article, he details that the new Sage class will use “frost-based magic” and have the ability to provide utility to his team through “additional armor and HP” or by using ice walls.
- New details were also unveiled on the game’s difficulty settings. This feature will allow players to adjust the difficulty level, making the game a little less punitive or adding an additional challenge. There are four difficulty modes Bard, Recruit, Knightly, and Unnatural.
- The fix will also add the first iteration for controller support. Those on PC will be able to access the fully supported controller function from the main menu.
- More features will come with the summer patch alongside those mentioned, with more details to come around the patch’s release. No date has been given for the next version of the patch.
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is currently available on Steam Early Access.
- If you want to know what our first impressions of the game are, be sure to check out the upcoming King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Preview And Gameplay Impressions.
For more on this news, find it here in King Arthur: Knight’s Tale Summer Patch Sneak Peek Revealed.
Well, that’s it for wiki week. Please join us next week for another great week of play! Be sure to check out our VIP program for exclusive fan benefits, and aspiring writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thank you again for being part of this great community. Keep contacting us for news, reviews, YouTube feeds and videos, and the general goodness of the wiki!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the more the army of Fexus grows: