Top RPG News Of The Week: August 22nd (Elder Scrolls V Skyrim, Mortal Shell, Black Myth: Wukong and More!)
HAppy weekend of Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up with the latest games we cover, or you’re looking for a refresher, we’ve got you covered! Here is a miniature version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news on the Fextralife Wiki network.
Watch the video above and read on for the text!
- Celebrating the Mortal Shell The Virtuous Cycle DLC release this week, Cold Symmetry announced that it will be free to download for the next five days.
- That’s right, you can download and keep the DLC for free when you download it between August 18 to August 23. This means you can get the new roguelike mode, a new playable shell, and a new transformative Axatana weapon for free.
- Those who wish to take advantage of the promotion for The Virtuous Cycle can do so from August 18 on all platforms that now include Steam.
- In case you missed it, the Virtuous Cycle DLC will add a new playable Shell called Rags. The fifth shell to join the game, Hadern has a unique skill tree that unlocks a number of new talents, from dagger mastery to the ability to absorb punishments.
- You can check out our impressions and hands-on gameplay preview of Mortal Shell The Virtuous Cycle DLC for more details.
- Deadly shell and the new The Virtuous Cycle DLC is now available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC through the Epic Games Store and Steam.
For more on this news, find it here in Mortal Shell The Virtuous Cycle DLC, free to download for five days.
- Biomutant has sold over a million copies according to the latest financial report. A financial report released by The Embracer Group, the parent company of development studio Experiment 101, shared the milestone that Biomutant has now surpassed one million copies sold. Even more important news is that it managed to break even in just a week after its release.
- Biomutant was released on May 25, a Kung-Fu fable RPG that takes a furry creature through a post-apocalyptic open world. Players can customize their own furry creature, which affects not only their appearance but also their attributes. The game also features a plethora of crafting that includes weapons and armor. Be sure to check out our Biomutant Crafting Guide for details on how to craft the best weapons and armor.
- Biomutant is now available on PC, Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
To find out more about this news, find it here in Biomutant exceeds one million copies sold.
- This week, developer CD Projekt Red released new details on the now-released patch 1.3 for Cyberpunk 2077. The patch notes that have been released detail the improvements to the minimap, the adjusted conversation options for the Clouds Club Beginning Story quest, and the addition of an item that will reduce the cost of long-term respec.
- Free DLC was revealed today during the reveal livestream which is also available with the patch, which can be found under “Additional Content” in the main menu. The DLC adds two new jackets for V, an alternate skin for Johnny Silverhand, and a new vehicle called the Archer Quartz Bandit, which can be claimed by purchasing it or earned as a reward.
- According to senior quest designer Patrick Mills, “this is the first of our little DLCs” and they “will be coming out later.”
- These little DLCs are not to be confused with the expansions the developer plans to release according to high-level designer Miles Tost, which will be similar to what happened with The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
For more on this news, find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Free DLC and Patch 1.3 Now Available.
Elder Scrolls Online: The Awakened Flame
- The Waking Flame DLC and Update 31 for Elder Scrolls Online have been delayed for September 8 on console. Previously, the update was scheduled for August 31, but has been pushed back a week for a “more stable version” according to the latest official post. The PC, Mac, and Stadia versions will still release on August 23 as planned.
- Update 31 is a free update for all ESO players that includes bug fixes, quality of life and performance improvements. Players will be able to use a reply feature for in-game mail. There are also new homes, furniture, and guests in the in-game Crown Store. The Waking Flame DLC adds two new dungeons The Dread Cellar and Red Petal Bastion.
- Those who want to try Elder Scrolls Online for free can check out the Free Play event which is currently running on all platforms through August 31. You can access the base game plus Morrowind plus and check out the prologue quest for Blackwood.
- The Elder Scrolls Online: Awakened Flame The downloadable content will be released for PC and Stadia on August 23. For those on Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Playstation 4, and Playstation 5 now September 8th.
For more on this news, find it here in Elder Scrolls Online The Waking Flame DLC and Update 31 delayed to September 8 for consoles.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus
- New trailer released during Pokemon Presents live stream showcases Hisui region for Pokémon Legends: Arceus. The trailer showcased some of the environments, including hills inhabited by Clefairys, villages, as well as snow-capped peaks. He also showcased some of the ways to get around, including on foot, gliding (yes, move on BOTW, gliding is one thing), jet skis, and using Pokémon like frames.
- What has probably stolen the hearts of most trainers is the Hisuian Growlithe, which is just the fluffiest cloud version you’ve ever seen. Safe to say there are some interesting region variants to capture.
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus released on Switch on January 28, 2022.
For more on this news, find it here in Pokemon Legends: Arceus Hisui Region Trailer, details and screenshots released.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Bethesda announced to Quakecon that The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition will come out November 11th, for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, Playstation 4 and Playstation 5.
- The Anniversary Edition will include 10 years of content and some new features. A new addition is a free Fishing Mechanic. If you already own the Skyrim Special Edition, there is an upgrade to the Anniversary Edition, but it won’t be free.
- Bethesda announced on the official website that “current and future owners of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition on any platform, including Xbox Game Pass subscribers, will have access to three free Creation Club content: Fishing, Survival Mode and even new quests with Saints and Seducers ”.
- The Anniversary Edition will include all three expansions, Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn. As well as over 500 unique pieces of Creative Club content including quests, dungeons, bosses, weapons, spells and more.
- So just to clarify because that’s a lot of information given to you:
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition will have a payable ability to upgrade from The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition to Anniversary Edition.
- Next Generation Free Upgrade to the enhanced edition coming in November for PS5 and Xbox Series X
- The Elder Scroll V: Special Edition up for grabs: a new fishing mechanic, a new survival mode and new quests with Saints and Seducers from Creation Club content.
For more on this news, find it here in Skyrim’s 10th Anniversary Edition Announced; PS5 and Xbox Series upgrades in progress.
Black myth: Wukong
- The latest trailer for the upcoming Black Myth: Wukong, the Chinese Myth-Inspired Action-RPG, shows off some awesome gameplay that uses Unreal Engine 5. Details also show that the gameplay is running on an Nvidia RTX card with DLSS enabled. .
- The video features both gameplay and cutscenes that are recorded at 4K resolution and 60 FPS in real time. The video of just under thirteen minutes highlights the martial arts movement and the fantasy of the Chinese myth of the mischievous Wukong.
- Previously, the studio had revealed pre-alpha scene footage showing impressive combat actions, mixing tough fights with the mythical abilities that Wukong possesses. The title should arrive on PC and consoles, but has no release date as of yet.
For more on this news, find it here in Black Myth: WuKong Receives Impressive Trailer With Unreal Engine 5 And DLSS Gameplay.
- Developer and publisher miHoyo announced that Genshin ImpactThe version 2.1 update “The floating world under the moonlight” will be released on September 1st.
- The update will add new content and gameplay to the newly introduced Inazuma area. This will add two more main islands, three new playable characters, and a grand finale to the main story. Players will be able to earn a number of rewards at seasonal events to celebrate Genshin Impact’s first anniversary, as well as receive the first Aloy crusader character for free.
- A new update means new playable characters. The developer has unveiled Raiden Shogun, Sangonomiya Kokomi, and Kujou Sara as upcoming characters. Story quests for Raiden Shogun and Kokomi will also be available.
- Update 2.1 will also add a new Mechanical Fishing. Fishing will allow players to earn fish to produce fish flesh or these can be exchanged for new Fishing Association rods. With the Pool of Sapphire Grace, new furnishings added to the Serenitea Pot system, players can also breed ornamental fish in their personal estate.
- September 1 also joins the cross-save function that will allow players on Playstation, PC and mobile to continue their adventures.
To find out more about this news, find it here in Genshin Impact Version 2.1 Released September 1st.
Well, that’s it for wiki week. Please join us next week for another great week of play! Be sure to check out our VIP program for exclusive fan benefits, and aspiring writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thank you again for being part of this great community. Keep contacting us for news, reviews, YouTube feeds and videos, and the general goodness of the wiki!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the more the army of Fexus grows: