HAppy weekend of Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up with the latest games we cover, or you’re looking for a refresher, we’ve got you covered! Here is a miniature version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news on the Fextralife Wiki network.
Watch the video above and read on for the text!
Monster Hunter Stories 2
- This week, Capcom announced a roadmap for the new turn-based RPG Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin, which includes five free post-launch updates. This includes the previously announced collaboration with Monster Hunter Rise, featuring companion Palamute as the Riding Monstie arriving on July 15.
- The second update will arrive on August 5, adding Hellblade Glavenus and Boltreaver Astalos as new Monsties, as well as a new co-op quest featuring Elder Dragon Kulve Taroth. The riders will be able to regroup to take up the challenge. While the Elder Dragon will not have a straddling Monstie form, it will have quest rewards materials and can be used to craft new “powerful” gear.
- The third title update for Monster Hunter Stories 2 will add Soulseer Mizutsune, Elderfrost Gammoth, and Oroshi Kirin as new Monsties. This update is scheduled for early September, which will be followed shortly by the Title 4 update towards the end of September. This update will bring Dreadking Rathalos and Molten Tigrex as new Monsties, and Kulve Taroth in a new high difficulty cooperative quest, with greater rewards.
- The latest update will be released in October, adding Silver Rathalos and Gold Rathians as Monsties, along with an exclusive new Cooperative Quest monster to participate in with high difficulty.
- If you want to know what we thought of this Monster Hunter / Hatching turn-based RPG, you should check out our Monster Hunter Stories 2 review.
For more on this news, find it here in the Capcom Outlines Monster Hunter Stories 2 Post-Launch Content Roadmap.
Dragon Age 4
- A slight update for Dragon Age 4. Developer Bioware confirmed last week that it will not be attending EA’s Play Live event later this month. However, BioWare executive producer Christian Dailey shared new art concepts as well as an update on Twitter that “the team is down with a lot of momentum and making great strides.”
- The tweet shared a new concept art piece that features what appear to be the Antivan Crows, a group of assassins who have appeared in a few stories in the Dragon Age franchise. Even though there isn’t much to do, there is a lot to speculate.
To learn more about this news, find it here in Dragon Age 4 Concept Art Teases Assassins.
- Bandai Namco updated the Elden Ring page with more details on the upcoming title. Two new sections have been added that feature details on Tarnished Lands between, lore, game mechanics and more on stealth. These details were also recently discussed in an interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki early last month, but have now been added to the official game page along with other information on the game mechanics.
- The second section reviews the game mechanics that include Stealth. Players will be able to customize their character, try out “dozens of skills” and use the art of stealth to sneak up on enemies. There are a few details about using “weather and time of day” that will play a role in getting the upper hand over enemies. He also mentions the ability to summon spirits to aid you and the mastery of “arcane magic”.
- Previously, Miyazaki went through the concepts mentioned in this info section, but it’s great to see that these mechanics are all officially on the website.
- If you want more Elden Ring be sure to check out our Elden Ring Wiki which covers lore, skills as well as the latest information on Elden Ring. Ancient ring will be released on January 21, 2022.
For more on this news, find it here in Elden Ring Gets a New Bandai Info section covering Tarnished, Stealth, and Gameplay mechanics.
- In the last livestream for Genshin Impact The developer of the online RPG has previewed some of the upcoming content for Update 2.0 which will introduce a new location called Inazuma. The next big update is 2.0 called The Unchanging God and Eternal Euthymia which will arrive on July 21st.
- The new venue is heavily inspired by Japan with its cherry blossoms and architecture inspired by the shogun, samurai and ninja. The new region has received a new trailer showcasing the beautiful new landscapes, a soundtrack recorded with the Tokyo Philharmonic Orchestra, and new playable characters who will join the game, Ayaka, Yoimiya and Sayu. Ayaka wields a katana and ice, Yoimiya is equipped with a bow and uses fire, as well as Sayu who uses anemo and swings a claymore.
- There are also new challenges like the Thunder Sojourn, new weapons, artifacts and more. The region is made up of different islands which will be explorable. Plus a new storyline featuring Electro Archon Baal.
- Genshin Impact has also been confirmed to support cross progression between PS4, PS5 and Mihoyo accounts.
To find out more about this news, find it here in Genshin Impact 2.0 Revealed! Screenshots of Inazuma’s location and new characters: Ayaka, Yoimiyo, Sayu.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong
- The Next Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong has been postponed until next year. The Narrative RPG was originally slated to launch this year on Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5, and PC, but will now release in February 2022.
- In case you missed it, Swansong was announced at PDXCon in 2019, defined as a narrative RPG, developed by Big Bad Wolf who released titles such as The Council, an episodic story-based game with puzzles. . Vampire the Masquerade – Swansong is part of the World of Darkness role-playing game universe.
- A new trailer has been released featuring Galeb, who appears to be a much older vampire than the previously featured Leysha. Galeb has amassed a fortune, established himself as one of the most feared vampires in the city of Boston, but he is lost. He also appears to possess mind control as he forces his victim to pull the trigger and reluctantly ends his life.
For more on this news, find it here in Vampire: The Masquerade – Swansong Delayed To 2022.
Fallout 76 Reign of Steel
- Fallout 76Steel Reign’s latest update adds the epic conclusion to the story of Brotherhood of Steel. Players will return to Fort Atlas to find the growing tension between Paladin Rahmani and Knight Shin reaching its boiling point. Super Mutant swarm attacks and missing persons reports it’s up to you to guide the Brotherhood. Will you take the side of justice or will you remain attached to duty?
- The update adds a new questline, new locations, gear, Season 5 scoreboards, legendary upgrades, and a legendary crafting system. Players can craft legendary items on the weapon and armor workbench, as well as normal and legendary power armor.
- Fallout 76: Reign of Steel is available for free to all Fallout 76 players.
For more on this news, find it here in the Fallout 76 Steel Reign update now available; Free for all players.
Solasta Crown of the Magister
- The Sorcerer update has been announced for Solasta: crown of the magisterium on July 13, adding the Wizard class with three new subclasses and an Iron Man difficulty option. Both of these features were promised to contributors during the Kickstarter campaign in 2019. There will also be new dungeon creation environments, Brazilian Portuguese and Russian localizations, Mod.io for GOG as well as bug fixes, a polishing in progress and stabilization.
- Solasta: Crown of the Magister left Early Access in May of this year, and the Sorcerer class update is the first major addition since its full release.
- In case you missed it, Solasta is a tactical team role-playing game, with each character playing a vital role in the campaign. The game is based on the Dungeon & Dragons SRD 5.1 rule set.
- Solasta: crown of the magisterium is currently available on Steam, with 20% off the standard version and 24% off the Supporter edition.
For more on this news, find it here in Sorcerer Update Coming To Solasta: Crown Of The Magister on July 13.
Baldur’s Gate 3
- This week, Baldur’s Gate 3 developers Larian Studios released details for the upcoming patch 5. The game which is currently in Early Access will receive its next major patch on July 13. It will bring combat and AI improvements, visual improvements to weapons and cutscenes.
- Patch 5 also adds the active role system, where players will be able to apply spells and bonuses to their rolls in order to tip the scales in their favor. There are also secret mini-quests based on each character’s history and the addition of camp resources.
- The AI also benefits from “serious tuning” according to Larian, making enemies smarter and more resourceful. If you want to get all the details of the major fixes and what it means for you, be sure to check out our Baldur’s Gate 3 Major Changes video.
For more on this news, find it here in Baldur’s Gate 3 Update 5 Major Changes: Combat And Gameplay Improvements.
Dark Souls III
- It’s time to praise the sun, Xbox Series X and S gamers because the Dark Souls III game received an FPS Boost this week, which translates to a new 60 FPS, results for Xbox Series X and S. Compared to the Xbox One version which has a 30 FPS cap.
- FPS Boost removes the cap and gives consistent performance on newer consoles. The article published by Digital Foundry points out that the game is still rendered at 900p because the resolution was not affected on the Xbox version.
For more on this news, find it here in Dark Souls III Now Has FPS Boost on Xbox Series X | S.
Well, that’s it for wiki week. Please join us next week for another great week of play! Be sure to check out our VIP program for exclusive fan benefits, and aspiring writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thank you again for being part of this great community. Keep contacting us for news, reviews, YouTube feeds and videos, and the general goodness of the wiki!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the more the army of Fexus grows: