HAppy weekend of Fextralife! If you’ve been too busy to keep up with the latest games we cover, or you’re looking for a refresher, we’ve got you covered! Here is a miniature version of the Top RPG news of the week. Taste all the latest news on the Fextralife Wiki network.
Watch the video above and read on for the text!
Salt and sacrifice
- This week, Ska Studios shared a 10-minute gameplay video for the upcoming Salt and Sacrifice. The title was announced during Summer Game Fest 2021, which is the sequel to the 2D Action-RPG hit Salt and Sanctuary.
- The video features the newly forged Mark Inquisitor hunting down a deadly Pyromancer. It also shows the number of monsters that live in Ashbourne Village. It gives an overview of some brawl-style combat of the Paladin class, one of the starting eight classes that players can choose from.
- Want to know why the Salt and Sanctuary prequel made our top 10 Metroidvanias to play in 2021? Check out our video which lists a number of great titles including Death’s Gambit, Bloodstained Ritual of the Night and more!
- Salt and sacrifice will be released in 2022, so far confirmed for PS4, PS5 and PC.
For more on this news, find it here in Salt And Sacrifice Gets 10 Minute Gameplay Video.
- It was quite bumpy for Cyberpunk 2077, but it looks like the RPG has finally returned to the Playstation Store after being pulled by Sony after a number of refund requests. In order for the game to return to the store, CD Projekt Red had to resolve a number of issues with the game to bring it back.
- The developer has issued a short press release stating that the game is now available for Playstation 4 and via backward compatibility for Playstation 5. A free Playstation 5 upgrade will be released for the game which will arrive in the second half of 2021. This will be made available to all owners of PS4 versions of Cyberpunk 2077, including digital and physical copies. CD Projekt says the upgrade “will take full advantage of the new console’s more powerful hardware.”
- According to the latest tweet from the Cyberpunk 2077 official account, it warns gamers that “users may continue to experience performance issues with the PS4 edition as we continue to improve stability across all platforms.” As it stands, the PS4 Pro and PS5 versions will still have the “best experience” for Cyberpunk 2077.
- But also this week, Microsoft noted on the Microsoft Store that the special refund policy for Cyberpunk 2077 will end in early July. On July 6, Microsoft will revert to the standard digital game refund policy for all purchases.
For more on this news, find it here in Cyberpunk 2077 Returns To The Playstation Store and Microsoft’s Cyberpunk 2077 special refund policy ends in early July.
No room for bravery
- No Place for Bravery is a dark fantasy Action-RPG that follows the efforts a parent would make to find their child. The title will launch in Q4 2021 for Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam.
- Players will embark on a journey into the dark fantasy world as the character of Thorn, a retired soldier who does his best to put a “blood-soaked” past behind him. Upon learning that his long-lost daughter may still be alive, Thorn sets out on a mission across the world of Dewr, a terrible land ruled by giants in order to find her.
- The fight is described as “a white-handed fight where movement counts and death is just a sword blow away”. Players will be able to slice, block, and parry in demanding, fast-paced battles. The world is big and ready to challenge you with artisan encounters.
To read more about this news, find it here in No Place For Bravery. A Dark Fantasy Action-RPG launches Q4 2021 on Switch and PC.
- The next character joins Genshin Impact is Kaedehara Kazuha from Inazuma. A new trailer featuring the character has been released for Action-RPG.
- In this latest trailer, Kaedehara Kazuha hangs out with Beidou on his ship. It teases, we will also see more of Beidou according to the trailer. The images also allude to the backstory of Kazuha being hunted down for his vision. There seems to be a bit of history between these characters which will hopefully be revealed when the character is released.
- Kazuha has “strong control and extra buffs to the team.” Not only does Kazuha control the crowd of enemies, but he can also deal bonus elemental damage when he comes in contact with Hydro, Pyro, Cryo, or Electro elements because his element is Anemo.
- Genshin Impact is available on PS4, PS5, iOS, Android, and PC.
For more on this news, find it here in Genshin Impact gets a new trailer with Kaedehara Kazuha.
- This week saw the launch of Scarlet Nexus, the anime-style action-RPG featuring characters with bizarre psychokinetic powers. A new live-action trailer has been released, featuring the events of the game’s history, about a strange hormone found in the human brain that gives people extra-sensory powers.
- These abilities will be used to fight mutants known as the Others. These enemies seem to be falling from the sky as “something great is happening”.
- In case you missed it, Scarlet Nexus is described as a “brain punk” action role-playing game that features a dual narrative that follows two protagonists Yuito Sumeragi and Kasane Randall. Scarlet Nexus promises fast-paced fights, with an anime-style aesthetic. If you want to know what we thought of the game, check out our video Scarlet Nexus Review Impressions: Is The Anime ARPG Worth It? Gameplay.
Scarlet Nexus is now available on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC.
Neo The world ends with you
- A demo for the Action JRPG Neo The World Ends With You had a demo this week for the Nintendo Switch and Playstation. The demo version includes the start of the game, which means you will be able to explore a few areas, experience the team combat system, and test abilities with the original Pin system from the previous game. Those who participate in the demo will be able to continue their progress, so you can continue where you left off when launching the game.
- A new trailer has also been released, the last one before the game’s release. The trailer features some of the battles using the Pin system, showing some of the moves. It also features the Food System where players can make their characters play with delicious desserts that will give them a boost in stats like HP or even Style.
- Players will be able to take to the streets of Tokyo with their party, in the long-awaited sequel to the classic RPG also titled The World Ends with You.
- Neo The world ends with you will be released for Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 on July 27, 2021. It will release later in summer 2021 for PC through the Epic Games Store.
To find out more about this news, find it here in Neo The World Ends With You Demo Release Time Plus Gameplay Trailer.
- The Fable title was revealed at the Xbox Games Showcase last year, and many were hoping that a new trailer might appear during the E3 2021 showcase this year, but it didn’t. This means that we are still waiting for an update on the progress of the game’s development under the Playground Games studio.
- While there aren’t many details on the game, a recent podcast between Xbox Head Phil Spencer and Dropped Frames shared a small update on Fable. Spencer talks about developer Playground Games, sharing that fans should have “confidence” in the studio and that the development team is “amazing”.
- The podcast has covered a number of topics, but it gives Fable fans hope that the game is in good hands, at least in Spencer’s eyes.
- Fable has been announced to arrive on Xbox Series X, PC, and Xbox Games Pass.
For more on this news, find it here in Fable Game In ‘Amazing’ Hands, says Xbox’s Phil Spencer.
Fall of gluttony
- Spiders Studio has announced that Greedfall will be getting a new Gold Edition of the game, launching next week on June 30. This version improves the visuals of the game and adds a new content expansion. Those who already own Greedfall will also receive the performance improvements through a free upgrade and the save files will be transferred from the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions.
- For Playstation 5 and Xbox Series X | S, gamers can expect enhanced visuals with up to native UHD 4K, faster loading, and 60 FPS performance.
- There is also the new content expansion DLC called The De Vespe Conspiracy which adds a new chapter to the adventure. This includes a new area that had not yet been discovered in Teer Fradee, a story that contains plots and secrets. There’s also a new enemy faction, new beasts, and new gear up for grabs.
- Fall of gluttony Gold Edition and The De Vespe Conspiracy DLC will launch on June 30 for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X | S, Xbox One and PC.
- For more on this news, find it here in Greedfall Next-Gen Patch & Gold Edition to launch on June 30.
Well, that’s it for wiki week. Please join us next week for another great week of play! Be sure to check out our VIP program for exclusive fan benefits, and aspiring writers should take advantage of our Become an Author initiative! Thank you again for being part of this great community. Keep contacting us for news, reviews, YouTube feeds and videos, and the general goodness of the wiki!
Follow us on social media for all the latest and greatest. The more followers we get, the more the army of Fexus grows: